Philly Steak Sandwich
Source of Recipe
List of Ingredients
- 1 lb. beef sirloin, cut into this 2 inch strips
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1/2 t. black pepper
- 1/2 t. paprika
- 1/2 t. chili powder
- 1/2 t. onion powder
- 1/2 t. garlic powder
- 1/2 t. dried thyme
- 1/2 t. dried marjoram
- 1/2 t. dried basil
- 3 T. olive oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, julienned
- 3 oz. Swiss cheese, thinly sliced
- 4 hoagie rolls, split lengthwise
- Place beef in a large bowl. In a small bowl, mix together salt, pepper, paprika, chili powder, onion powder, garlic powder, thyme, marjoram and basil. Sprinkle over beef.
- Heat half the oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Saute beef to desired doneness then remove from pan. Heat the remaining oil in the skillet and saute the onion and green pepper.
- Preheat oven to broiler setting.
- Divide the meat between the bottoms of the 4 rolls; layer with onion and green pepper, then top with sliced cheese. Place on cookie sheet and broil until cheese is melted. Cover with tops of rolls and serve.