Festive Caramel Corn
Source of Recipe
List of Ingredients
- 1 (3.5 bag) microwave popcorn
- 1 c. pecan halves, toasted*
- 3/4 c. firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 c. margarine or butter
- 1/2 t. vanilla
- Prepare popcorn as directed on package. Remove any unpopped kernels.
- In large bowl, combine popcorn and pecans.
- Place brown sugar and margarine in 4 cup microwave safe measuring cup or bowl. Microwave on HIGH for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes or until mixture comes to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Microwave on HIGH for an additional 2 minutes, stirring after 1 minute. Stir in vanilla.
- Quickly pour syrup over popcorn mixture; toss until evenly coated.
- Transfer half of mixture to a 12x8 inch (2 quart) microwave safe dish. Microwave on HIGH for 2 to 4 minutes or until popcorn begins to crisp, stirring every minute. Spread on waxed paper to cool.
- Repeat with remaining mixture.
- *To toast pecans, spread in thin layer in microwave safe pie pan. Microwave on HIGH for 4 to 6 minutes or until light golden brown, stirring frequently.