Chicken Noodle Soup (Slow Cooker)
Source of Recipe
List of Ingredients
- 1 (3-4 lb.) chicken, cut-up and skinned
- 2 med. carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 c. chopped onion
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 t. salt
- 2 t. dried parsley flakes
- 3/4 t. dried marjoram
- 1/2 t. dried basil
- 1/4 t. poultry seasoning
- 1/4 t. pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 qts. water
- 2-1/2 c. uncooked medium egg noodles
- Place the first 4 ingredients in a 3-1/2 quart slow cooker in the order listed. Combine salt and the next 6 ingredients; sprinkle over vegetables. Add 6 cups water; cover and cook on low setting for 8 to 10 hours.
- Remove chicken and bay leaf; add remaining 2 cups water. Stir in noodles and cook, covered, on high setting for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile remove bones from chicken and cut chicken into bite-size pieces. Add to slow cooker, stir to mix. Cook for 15 minutes on high setting, covered or until noodles are tender.