Source of Recipe
List of Ingredients
- 2 T. oil
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 T. flour
- 1 (28 oz.) can cajun stewed tomatoes
- 1 (14 oz.) can chopped okra, drained
- 1 t. salt
- pepper to taste
- 1 t. cajun seasoning
- 1-1/2 c. cooked, diced chicken
- 1-1/2 c. hot polish sausage
- Heat oil in dutch oven, add celery, green pepper, onion and garlic, saute until tender.
- Blend in flour and reduce heat. Add tomatoes, okra, salt, pepper and cajun seasoning. Simmer 10 minutes.
- Stir in meat and simmer until heated thoroughly. Serve over rice.
This is best when cooked one day and served the next.