Hearty Chicken & Noodles
Source of Recipe
List of Ingredients
- 12 oz. boneless, chicken breasts, cubed
- 4 c. water
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 T. parsley, snipped
- 2 T. chicken bouillon granules
- 1 t. crushed dried thyme
- 1/2 t. pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 (12 oz.) pkg. Reames Frozen Egg Noodles
- 2 c. carrots, sliced
- 2 c. celery, sliced
- 2 c. milk, divided
- 1 c. frozen peas
- 2 T. flour
- Place chicken cubes, water, onion, parsley, bouillon, thyme, pepper and bay leaf in a large Dutch oven. Bring to a boil. Add the noodles, carrots and celery and return to boiling.
- Simmer, covered for 20-25 minutes or until noodles are almost tender.
- Stir in 1-1/2 cups milk and peas.
- Combine 1/2 cup milk and flour until smooth. Stir into noodle mixture. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
- Remove bay leaf before serving.