Pasta Figioli Soup
Source of Recipe
List of Ingredients
- 3 T. olive oil
- 1/2 c. chopped celery
- 1/2 c. chopped onion
- 1 (4 oz.) pkg. Prosciutto ham, cut in strips
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can Italian chopped tomatoes
- 2 (15 oz.) cans white beans, undrained
- 2 c. vegetable broth
- Pepper, to taste
- 1 t. Italian seasoning
- 1/2 c. Ditalini pasta
- Grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- Saute onion, celery, garlic and ham in oil until soft. Add the rest of the ingredients except pasta and cheese. Simmer several hours. Add pasta later so its not mushy. Sprinkle each serving with cheese, if desired.
I couldn't find Ditalini pasta so I used mini elbow macaroni found in the Mexican section of the store.
5 WW pts. per cup.