Southwest Beef Stew
Source of Recipe
List of Ingredients
- 2 lbs. lean ground beef
- 1-1/2 c. chopped onions
- 1 (28 oz.) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (16 oz.) pkg. frozen corn, thawed
- 1 (15 oz.) can black beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 c. picante sauce
- 3/4 c. water
- 1 t. ground cumin
- 3/4 t. salt
- 1/2 t. garlic powder
- 1/2 t. pepper
- 1/2 c. shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef and onions over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in the tomatoes, corn, beans, picante sauce, water, cumin, salt, garlic powder and pepper. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until corn is tender.
- Garnish with cheese.