SOPRANO'S RICOTTA PIE
Source of Recipe
From Episode 21 FULL LEATHER JACKET of THE SOPRANO'S
This is the ricotta pie Carmela takes to Joan O'Connell to write Meadow a recommendation into Georgetown.
List of Ingredients
- 1 Tbsp Unsalted Butter (soft)
- 1/4 cup fine graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- One 15oz container ricotta
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 Tsp grated lemon zest
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- One 20oz can crushed pineapple in syrup
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 2 Tsp fresh lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 350
- Spread the butter over the botom and sides of a 9inch pie pan or springform pan. Slightly more on the sides and less on the bottom.
- Add the crumbs - turn the pan to coat the bottom and sides evenly.
- In a large bowl stir together the cornstarch and sugar.
- Add the ricotta, eggs, cream, lemon zest and vanilla.
- Beat until smooth.
- Pour into the graham cracker prepared pan.
- Bake for 50 mintues or until the pie is set around the edges but the center is still slighly soft.
- Cool to room temp on a wire rack.
- Drain the pineapple well and reserve 1/2 cup of the syrup.
- In a medium sacucepan stri together the sugar and cornstarch.
- Stir in the 1/2 cup pineapple syrup and the lemon juice.
- Cook stirring until thickened - about 1 minute.
- Add the pineapple and stir in.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly
- Spread the pineapple mixture on top of the pie.
- Allow to chill in the frige for at least one hour or more.