Source of Recipe
List of Ingredients
- 1 chicken breast fillet
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 Tablespoons minced red bell pepper
- 2 Tablespoons minced green onion
- 1/3 cup frozen corn
- 1/4 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 Tablespoons frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 2 Tablespoons diced, canned jalapeno peppers
- 1/2 Tablespoon minced fresh parlsey
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- dash ceyenne pepper
- 3/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- five 7-inch tortillas
- Preheat bargeque grill to high heat or preheat broiler.
- Rub the chicken breast with some vegetable oil then grill it on the barbeque for 4 to 5 minutes or broil for 3 to 4 minutes or until done. Lightly salt and pepper each sife of te chicken while it cooks. Set chicken aside until it cools down enough to handle.
- Preheat 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil in a medium-size skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the red pepper and onion to the pan and saute for a couple minutes until tender.
- Dice the cooked chicken into small cubes and add to pan. Add the corn, black beans, spinach, jalapeno pepper, parsley, cumin, chili powder, salt and ceyenne pepper to the pan. Cook for another 4 minutes. Stir well so the spinach separates and is incorporated into the mixture.
- Remove the pan from heat and add cheese, stir unitl the cheese is melted.
- Wrap the tortillas in a moist cloth and microwave on high temp. for 1 1/2 minutes or until hot.
- Spoon approximately one-fifth of the mixture into the center of the tortilla. Fold in the ends and then roll the tortilla over the mixture. Roll the tortilla very tight, then pierce with a toothpick to hold together. Repeat with the remaining ingredients until you have five eggrolls. Arrange the eggrolls on a plate, cover the plate with plastic wrap and freeze for a least 4 hours. Overnight is best.
- Preheat 4 to 6 cups of oil to 375 degrees.
- Deep fry the eggrolls in the hot oil for 12 to 15 minutes and remove to paper towels or a rack to drain for about 2 minutes.
- Slice each eggroll diagonally lengthwise and arrange on a plate around a small bowl of dipping sauce.
The best dipping sauce is Avocado-ranch dipping sauce.