Almond Rice Pilaf
Source of Recipe
List of Ingredients
- 2 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup uncooked converted rice
- 2 1/4 cups chicken stock
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup sliced or slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup diced celery
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat in a medium saucepan. Be sure to use a saucepan with a lid. Add 1 cup uncooked converted rice and saute for 3 to 5 minutes in the butter or until some of the rice begins to turn brown. As the rice is cooking, heat chicken stock on high in microwave for 3 to 5 minutes or until the stock begins to bubble. When the rice begins to brown, quickly add the hot stock, salt, and parsley to the pan. Cover the pan, reduce heat to low and simmer rice for 20 minutes.
- As rice cooks melt remaining 1/2 tablespoon butter in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add almonds and saute until the almonds are golden brown.
- When the rice has cooked for 20 minutes, remove it from the heat. Add almonds, celery, and onion to the rice, then let it sit, covered, for 5 minutes or until the remaining liquid is absorbed.