Chicken Pasta Salad
Source of Recipe
old newspaper clipping
List of Ingredients
- 8 oz. sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 or 3 tbsp. lemon juice
- 6 or 8 oz. angel hair pasta (Dreamfields)
- 1 1/2 oz. olive oil
- 2 1/2 tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 cup green onion tops
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 tsp. paprika
- 2 cups cooked chicken meat, diced or shredded *
- * I mix both light and dark meat chicken in this, and dice it fairly small - maybe 3/8" cubes. ~ Shanny
- Pour lemon juice over mushrooms. Set aside.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. While pasta cooks, whisk together olive oil & white wine vinegar. After draining the pasta, pour oil/vinegar over hot cooked pasta and set aside to cool - tossing a time or two as it cools.
- Combine mustard, mayonnaise, cayenne, salt & black pepper. Add onion tops, celery, chicken and mushrooms. Sprinkle with paprika & toss to mix well. Add pasta and toss again to distribute evenly.
- Chill several hours or overnight.
- Remove from refrigeration about 30 minutes before serving & check for seasoning.
Shanny note: The designated amount of cayenne makes it nice & spicy, but not burning hot . . . you might want to reduce the cayenne if you aren't sure how hot you want.