List of Ingredients
INGREDIENTS FOR 24 SERVINGS:
24 green onion tops, cut into 3-inch julienne strips
6 ounces lump crabmeat, shell pieces removed
1 (4-ounce) block fat-free cream cheese
1/4 cup minced green onions
2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
24 won ton wrappers
1 egg white, lightly beaten
2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
1 tablespoon water
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
These elegant appetizers can be steamed up to an hour ahead, then resteamed to heat them just before serving.
1. Drop green onion strips in boiling water, and cook 10 seconds or until limp. Drain onion strips; set aside.
2. Combine crabmeat and next 6 ingredients (crabmeat through pepper) in a medium bowl, and stir well.
3. Working with 1 won ton wrapper at a time (cover remaining wrappers with a damp towel to keep them from drying out), spoon 2 teaspoons crabmeat mixture into center of wrapper. Moisten edges of wrapper with egg white; gather 4 corners of wrapper and crimp to seal, forming a purse. Tie 1 green onion strip around crimped top of purse. Repeat procedure with remaining won ton wrappers, crabmeat mixture, egg white, and green onion strips.
4. Arrange half of won ton purses in a single layer in a vegetable steamer coated with cooking spray. Steam purses, covered, 8 minutes or until tender. Carefully remove purses from steamer; set aside, and keep warm. Repeat procedure with remaining half of purses.
5. Combine soy sauce, water, and 1 tablespoon lemon juice in a small bowl; stir well. Serve with purses.
Source: Cooking Light