Turkey Wild Rice Soup
Source of Recipe
List of Ingredients
· 30 oz chicken broth (3-3/4 cups)
· 2 cups water
· 1/2 cup chopped green onions
· 1 box Uncle Ben's Original Long Grain & Wild Rice mix
· 1/2 cup (1 stick) margarine
· 3/4 cup flour
· 1/2 tsp poultry seasoning
· 1/4 tsp pepper
· 2 cups half-and-half
· 1-1/2 cups cubed cooked turkey (or chicken)
· 8 strips bacon, fried crisp and crumbled
· In a Dutch oven or large pot, bring broth and water to a boil.
· Add greenonions and rice mix along with part of the mix's seasoning packet*(discard remaining or set aside for another use). Simmer 20-30 minutes.
· In a medium saucepan, melt margarine; stir in flour, poultry seasoningand pepper.
· Gradually add half-and-half, stirring constantly untilmixture thickens.
· Add to broth mixture.
· Stir in chicken and bacon andheat through. Do not boil.
Note: Recipe didn't say how much of seasoning packet to use, guess it must mean by personal taste