Source of Recipe
Family Living Mag. march -april 2004
Recommended for the Easter meal.
If you use the drippings for sauces, skim off the excess fat because it will absorb the flour better.
List of Ingredients
- 1 or 2 tablespoons flour
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- Remove the meat from the pan. Pour off all drippings into a separate bowl except:
- 2 tablespoons. Blend into them 1 or 2 tablespoons of flour.
- Stir with a whisk until the flour has thickened and smooth. It should be the consistency of heavy cream.
- Continue to cook slowly and stir constantly while adding:
- The remaining drippings that have been mixed with 3/4 cup of sour cream.
- Slowly stir the entire mixture until it is smooth and fully combined.
- Salt and pepper to taste.