California Chicken Bake
Source of Recipe
Pillsbury Casseroles & Slow Cooker Meals
List of Ingredients
- 8 oz. (2 cups) shredded taco-flavored cheese blend
- 3/4 cup uncooked regular long-grain white rice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 cup Old El Paso Salsa
- 1 cup water
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- Heat oven to 350 F. Spray 12X8-inch (2-quart) glass baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Reserve 1/2 cup cheese for topping. In large bowl, combine remaining cheese, rice, cilantro, salsa and water; mix well. Spoon into sprayed baking dish; spread evenly. Arrange chicken breast halves over rice mixture. Cover with foil.
- Bake at 350 F. for 55 to 65 minutes or until chicken is fork-tender and juices run clear, and rice is tender. Uncover; sprinkle with reserved 1/2 cup cheese. Bake, uncovered, an additional 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.