Source of Recipe
Casseroles & Slow Cooker Meals
List of Ingredients
- 2 lb. beef stew meat
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 cup red wine or cider vinegar
- 2 bay leaves
- 6 oz. (3 cups) uncooked spaetzle or egg noodles
- 3/4 cup crushed gingersnaps (about 15 cookies)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- In 3 1/2 to 4-quart slow cooker, combine beef, onions, broth, vinegar and bay leaves; mix well.
- Cover; cook on low setting for 7 to 9 hours.
- About 15 minutes before serving, cook spaetzle as directed on package. Remove bay leaves from beef mixture. Stir in gingersnaps and brown sugar. Cover; cook on low setting for an additional 15 minutes or until mixture is thickened and bubbly. Serve beef mixture over spaetzle. Sprinkle with parsley.