Slow-Cooked Sweet-and-Sour Pork
Source of Recipe
Pillsbury Casseroles & Slow Cooker Meals
List of Ingredients
- 1 1/2 lb. boneless pork loin, cut into cubes
- 1 (8-oz.) can pineapple tidbits, in unsweetened juice, undrained
- 1 medium red or green bell pepper, cut into squares
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2/3 cup uncooked regular long-grain white rice
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- In 3 1/2 to 4-quart slow cooker, combine pork, pineapple, bell pepper, brown sugar, ginger, vinegar and soy sauce; mix well.
- Cover; cook on low setting for 6 to 8 hours.
- About 25 minutes before serving, cook rice in 1 1/3 cups water as directed on package.
- About 5 minutes before serving, in small bowl, combine 3 tablespoons water and cornstarch; blend well. Stir into pork mixture in slow cooker. Cover; cook on high setting for ad additional 5 minutes or until thickened. Serve pork mixture over rice.