Hot Roast Beef Sandwiches Au Jus
Source of Recipe
Pillsbury Casseroles & Slow Cooker Meals
List of Ingredients
- 1 (2 1/2-lb.) beef eye of round roast, trimmed of fat
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 teaspoons coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup condensed beef broth
- 10 kaiser rolls, split, and toasted
- 2 large tomatoes, cut into 10 slices
- With sharp knife, make 6 evenly spaces slits deep into beef roast. Insert garlic into slits. Sprinkle pepper evenly over entire roast; rub pepper into roast.
- Spray inside of 3 1/2 to 4-quart slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray. Place onion slices in bottom of sprayed slow cooker; pour broth over onion. Place roast over onion and broth.
- Cover; cook on low settinf for 6 to 8 hours.
- Remove roast from slow cooker; place on cutting board. Cut across grain into thin slices. Return slices to slow cooker to moisten.
- To serve, fill each toasted roll with beef, onion adn 1 tomato slice. If desired, spoon small amount of broth from slow cooker over beef.
RECIPE CONTINUESPREV SECTION | NEXT SECTION