Beer Cheese Spread
Source of Recipe
Pillsbury Casseroles & Slow Cooker Meals
List of Ingredients
- 8 oz. (2 cups) finely shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon hot honey mustard or Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/3 cup beer
- 2 tablespoons margarine or butter, softened
- In food processor bowl with metal blade, combine cheese, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, ground red pepper and garlic.
- Bring beer just to a boil in small saucepan. Pour over cheese mixture in processor; process 1 to 1 1/2 minutes or just until smooth. Add margarine; process until blended. Spoon into serving bowl. Cover; refrigerate at least 1 hour to blend flavors.
- To serve, let stand at room temperature for at least 30 minutes to soften. Serve with assorted crackers.
1 1/4 cups