Moo Goo Gai Pan
Source of Recipe
Healthy Units/Points: 4 per serving
Posted by: sandythecur(Carol)
Posted on: October 23, 2003
Source: WW Take Out Tonight
Comments: I serve with 1/3 c. steamed brown rice per serving.
List of Ingredients
1 pound skinless boneless chicken breast, cut in 1" pieces
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil (DON'T substitute for this if you can help it; it really makes the flavor)
- 2 teaspoons Canola oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 pound fresh snow peas, trimmed and sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 3 scallions, cut in 1" pieces
1. Combine chicken with 1 T. of cornstarch in a medium bowl; toss well to coat and set aside. Combine the remaining 1 T. cornstarch, broth, soy sauce, and sesame oil in a small bowl; set aside.
2. Heat a nonstick wok or large deep skillet over medium-high heat until a drop of water sizzles. Swirl in the oil, and then add the chicken. Stir-fry until lightly browned, 2-3 minutes.
3. Add the ginger and stir-fry until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the mushrooms, snow peas, bell pepper, and scallions; stir-fry until crisp-tender, 3-4 minutes.
4. Add the broth mixture and cook, stirring constantly, until the mixture boil and thickens, and the chicken is just cooked through, 1-2 minutes.
Nutritionals (from MasterCook 7.0)
Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 220 Calories; 5g Fat (21.4% calories from fat); 30g Protein; 12g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 66mg Cholesterol; 445mg Sodium