Caribbean Pork Roast
Source of Recipe
Servings | 8
Estimated POINTSŪ value per serving | 6
Course | Main Meals
List of Ingredients
1 8oz. can sliced pineapple in its own juice, undrained
1 tsp. sweet and low brown sugar
2 tsp. ground cumin
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp.dried thyme
1/8 tsp. ground red pepper
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 boneless pork loin roast (3 lbs.)
1 1/2 lb. peeled sweet potatoes
2 med. red onions
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. black pepper
1. Drain pineapple, reserving 1/2 c. juice for marinade. Combine reserved juice, Sweet and Low brown sugar, cumin, cinnamon, thyme, red pepper, and garlic in small bowl.
2. Place roast and juice mixture in resealable plastic food storage bag. Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight to marinate.
3. Preheat oven to 350. Cut sweet potatoes into 2 inch slices; cut slices into quarters. Cut each onion into 8 wedges and pineapple rings into quarters.
4. Remove roast from marinade and place in roasting pan. Discard marinade. Place vegetables and pineapple around roast. Sprinkle roast, vegetables and pineapple with salt and pepper. Cover with foil tightly. Bake 1 hour.
5. Carefully remove foil. Continue baking 15-30 min. longer or until meat thermometer registers 155. Remove pan from oven and let roast stand 10 min. before cutting.