Croissant Breakfast Sandwich Casserole
Source of Recipe
List of Ingredients
6 large croissants, cut open
1 pkg bacon,
16 oz. 8 slices provolone cheese
1 c cheddar cheese, shredded
2 Tbsp milk
2 Tbsp butter
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly grease the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish.
2. Cook bacon and set aside on a plate with a paper towel to soak up the grease. Once cooled, break into 1 inch pieces (approximately).
3. Place the bottom halves of the croissant in the dish, trying to get them to be as close together as possible.
4. Spread provolone and cheddar over the tops of the croissants. Bake in the oven until cheese begins to melt (about 5 minutes).
5. Remove from oven. Spread the bacon evenly over the top of the cheese.
6. In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs and milk until well blended. Pour over the top of the bacon and croissants. Bake for 15 minutes or until egg is cooked. Remove from oven.
7. Lightly butter the outside of the croissant tops and place atop the casserole. Place back in the oven for 5 minutes until croissants are toasted slightly.
8. Remove and let sit for 10 minutes. Cut pieces with a knife before serving with a spatula.