Source of Recipe
CALLING ALL COOKS
List of Ingredients
- 1 egg plus 1 egg yolk
- 1/2c. Crisco
- 1c. sugar
- 1t. vanilla
- 1 1/4c. flour
- 1t. baking powder
- 1/2t. salt
- 1 egg white
- 1c. brown sugar
- 1/2c. chopped pecans
- Cream sugar and Crisco;add egg and egg yolk.
- Beat well and stir in dry ingredients.
- Add vanilla. Spread in ungreased 9x13 inch pan and set aside.
- Beat egg white and add brown sugar, beating until light and creamy.
- Stir in pecans and spread over dough mixture.
- Bake for 25 minutes in 350 oven.
- Topping will crack some and look slightly raw.
- Cut into squares or bars while warm.