Graham Cracker Bars II
Source of Recipe
List of Ingredients
- 30 whole graham crackers
- 2 sticks butter
- 1c. sugar
- 1/2c. milk
- 1 egg, well beaten
- 1/2c. coconut
- 1c. pecans, chopped
- 1c. graham cracker crumbs
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 6T. Carnation evaporated milk
- 2c. powdered sugar, sifted
- 1T. Vanilla
- 1/2c. finely chopped pecans
- Additional coconut for topping.
- Prepare in order given. Spread on top of graham cracker crust.
- Refrigerate for 24 hours. ( This is very important) Cut into bars and serve.
- Line bottom of 9x13 inch pan with a layer of whole graham crackers (about 15)
- Prepare nuts, cracker crumbs and egg. Get together ingredients for frosting.
- Make sure milk and sugar are room temp. Combine melted butter, sugar, milk, and beaten egg in a saucepan.
- Cook over med. heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil.
- Remove from heat and add coconut, nuts, and crumbs. Spread over crackers.
- Top with remaining 15 crackers.