Source of Recipe
Candy bar richness in a cookie you'll enjoy making at home.
List of Ingredients
- 1/2c. (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1/2c. packed brown sugar
- 1/2c. Karo light or dark corn syrup
- 1t. vanilla
- 3c. quick oats, uncooked
- 1/2c., (3oz) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4c. creamy peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease 8-9 inch square baking pan. In large bowl with mixer at medium speed, beat butter, brown sugar, corn syrup and vanilla until smooth.
- Stir in oats. Press into prepared pan. Bake 25 mins or until center is barely firm.
- Cool on wire rack 5 minutes. Sprinkle with chocolate chips; top with small spoonfuls of peanut butter.
- Let stand 5 minutes; spread peanut butter and chocolate over bars, swirling to marbleize.
- Cool completely on wire rack before cutting. Cut into bars; refrigerate 15 mins. to set topping.
- Makes: 24 bars.