Spicy Cheese Corn Bread
Source of Recipe
List of Ingredients
2 tsp (10mL) Mrs. Dash® Extra Spicy Seasoning Blend
1/2 cup (120mL) frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
1/4 cup (60mL) chopped red pepper
2 Tbsp. (30mL) chopped green onion
1 cup (240mL) yellow cornmeal
1 cup (240mL) all-purpose flour
1/4 cup (60mL) sugar
1 Tbsp. (15mL) baking powder
1 egg, slightly beaten
1 cup (240mL) fat-free milk
1/4 cup (60mL) corn oil
1/4 cup (60mL) shredded low-sodium cheddar cheese
1. Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
2. Combine cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, and Mrs. Dash® Extra Spicy in large bowl; mix well, set aside.
3. Beat egg, milk and oil in small bowl until blended.
4. Add to dry ingredients and stir just until moistened.
5. Fold in vegetables and cheddar cheese.
6. Spread mixture evenly into greased 8x8 inch (20x20cm) square baking pan.
7. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown.
8. Serve warm.