Beef Brisket with Gravy
Source of Recipe
Taste of Home
List of Ingredients
- 1 fresh beef brisket (about 2 lb.)
- 2T. oil
- 1c. hot water
- 1 envelope beefy onion soup mix
- 2T. cornstarch
- 1/2c. cold water
- In Dutch oven, brown brisket in oil on both sides over med.-high heat; drain.
- Combine hot water and soup mix; pour over brisket. Cover and bake at 325 for 2 to 2 1/2 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove brisket to a serving platter. Let stand for 10-15 mins. Combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth.
- Gradually stir into pan juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 mins. or until thickened. Thinly slice meat across the grain; serve with the gravy.
- Yiled: 6-8 servings.