Beef Roast w/ Burgundy Gravy
Source of Recipe
List of Ingredients
- 1(5lb) sirloin tip roast
- 1t. salt
- 1 1/4t. pepper, divided
- 1/2c. warm water
- 1/3c. all purpose flour
- 1c. ready to serve beef broth
- 1/2c. dry red wine
- Rub roast with salt and 1t. pepper. Place on rack in preheated 500 degree oven.
- Immediately reduce heat to 325. Cook for 1 hour and 10 mins.
- Remove roast from pan. Remove fat from drippings. Reserve 1/4c. fat. Add warm water to remaining drippings in pan.
- Stir to loosen browned particles. Strain mixture, reserving 3/4c. Heat reserved 1/4c. fat in small skillet, add flour, stirring until smooth. Cook 1 min.
- Gradually add reserved 3/4c. drippings, beef broth and wine. Cook over med. heat stirring constantly until thickened.
- Stir in remaining 1/4t. pepper. Serve with sliced roast.