Cheesy Italian Stuffed Burgers
Source of Recipe
List of Ingredients
1 lb (454g) ground sirloin (95% lean)
2 tsp (10mL) Mrs. Dash® Steak Grilling Blend™
1/4 cup (60mL) shredded Italian cheese blend
1 Tbsp. (15mL) finely chopped green bell pepper
1. Preheat broiler or grill to medium heat.
2. Combine ground sirloin and Mrs. Dash® Original Steak Blend™.
3. Divide into 8 portions.
4. Shape each into a patty about 4 inches (10cm) in diameter and 1/4 inch (.6cm) thick.
5. Combine remaining ingredients.
6. Divide between 4 of the patties, spreading to within 1/2 inch (1.25cm) of edges.
7. Cover with second patty, sealing edges well.
8. Cook 4 to 5 minutes per side or until meat reaches 160°F (71°C) and is no longer pink.
9. Serve on toasted buns topped with additional cheese, if desired.