Creamy Beef Fold-Over Pie
Source of Recipe
Tempt taste buds with homey beef pot-pie flavors wrapped up in a delicious crust.
Recipe Link: http://bettycrocker.com
1 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
1 small onion, chopped (1/4 cup)
1 can (10 3/4 oz) condensed cream of mushroom soup
1 1/2 cups Green Giant® frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
1 tablespoon ketchup
2 cups Original Bisquick® mix
1/2 cup boiling water
1/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (1 oz)
1. Move oven rack to lowest position; heat oven to 375°F. Spray 12-inch pizza pan with cooking spray. In 10-inch skillet, cook beef and onion over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thoroughly cooked; drain.
2. Stir soup, vegetables and ketchup into beef mixture. Cook 3 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until heated through.
3. Meanwhile, in medium bowl, stir Bisquick mix and boiling water until soft dough forms. On surface sprinkled with Bisquick mix, gently roll dough to coat with mix. Shape dough into a ball; knead about 5 times or until smooth. Roll dough into 14-inch round; place on pizza pan.
4. Spoon beef mixture over dough to within 2 inches of edge. Fold edge of dough up over beef mixture.
5. Bake 24 to 27 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Top with cheese. Bake 3 to 4 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting.
High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): Increase first bake time to 25 to 28 minutes.