Swiss Steak w/ Vegetables
Source of Recipe
List of Ingredients
- 1/4c. flour
- dash pepper
- 1 lb. round steak (1/2 inch thick)
- 2T. shortening
- 1 (10 1/2oz) can condensed onion soup
- 1/2c. water
- 4 med. carrots, cut in 2 inch pieces
- 4 med. potatoes, cut in half
- 1T. chopped parsley
- Pound flour and pepper into steak with meat hammer or edge of heavy saucer.
- Cut into 4 serving pieces. In large skillet, brown steak on both sides in shortening.
- Add soup, water, carrots, and potatoes. Cover; cook over low heat 45 mins. or until meat and vegetables are tender.
- Stir now and then. Sprinkle with parsley just before serving.
- Servings: 4