Source of Recipe
Taste of Home
Every time that I make this cheesy dish, I get requests for the recipe. It puts a different spin on spaghetti and is great for any meal. The leftovers, if there are any, also freeze well for a quick meal later on in the week.
List of Ingredients
- 1c. chopped onion
- 1c. chopped green pepper
- 1T. butter
- 1 can (28 oz) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (4 oz) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 can (2 1/4 oz) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 2T. dried oregano
- 1 lb. ground beef, browned and drained
- 12 oz. spaghetti, cooked and drained
- 2 c. (8 oz) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/4c. water
- 1/4c. grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, saute onion and green pepper in butter until tender.
- Add tomatoes, mushrooms, olives and oregano. Add ground beef. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 mins.
- Place half of the spaghetti in a greased 13x9x2 inch baking dish.
- Top with half of the vegetables mixture. Sprinkle with 1c. of cheddar cheese. Repeat layers.
- Mix the soup and water until smooth; pour over casserole.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350 for 30-35 mins. or until heated through.
- Yield: 12 servings.