Beef Potato House Pie Casserole
Source of Recipe
List of Ingredients
- 6 large potatoes, peeled & chopped
- 1/2c. milk
- 2T. butter
- 2 lb. ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 (8oz) pkg. sharp natural Cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 375. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Add potatoes and cook until tender but still firm, about 15 mins.
- Drain. Mash with milk and butter until smooth. In large deep skillet over med. high heat, combine gr. beef, onion and green pepper.
- Cook until beef is evenly brown. Drain. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a deep casserole dish, spoon a layer of beef mixture. Spread a layer of mashed potatoes over beef.
- Continue alternating layers until the dish is full. Top with cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 mins.
- Makes: 8 servings.