Chicken Sandwich Casserole
Source of Recipe
List of Ingredients
- 12 slices white bread, lightly toasted
- 4c. chopped cooked chicken breast
- 1/2c. chopped celery
- 1/2c. chopped onion
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1c. mayonnaise
- 2c. milk
- salt and pepper
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1c. shredded cheddar cheese
- Place 6 slices of the toasted bread in the bottom of a lightly greased 9x13 baking dish.
- Sprinkle the chicken, celery, and onion on top of bread, then cover with the other 6 slices of toasted bread.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the beaten eggs, mayo, milk and salt and pepper.
- Pour this mixture over the sandwiches, then top with soup; cover baking dish and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 325. Bake dish, covered, for 45 mins. Remove cover, sprinkle with cheese, bake for another 30 mins. uncovered.
- Remove from oven and let cool and set for 10 mins. before serving.
- Makes: 4 servings