Ground Beef 'n' Biscuits
Source of Recipe
Taste of Home
List of Ingredients
- 1 1/2 lb. ground beef
- 1/2c. chopped celery
- 1/2c. chopped onion
- 2T. all purpose flour
- 1t. salt
- 1/4t. pepper
- 2 cans (8 oz. ea.) tomato sauce
- 1 pkg. (10 oz) frozen peas
- 1 tube (7 1/2 oz) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1c. (4 oz) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4t. dried oregano
- In a skillet over med. heat, cook beef, celery and onion until meat is no longer pink and celery is tender; drain.
- Stir in the flour, salt, oregano and pepper until blended. Add tomato sauce and peas; simmer for 5 mins.
- Transfer to a greased 13x9x2 inch baking dish. Separate biscuits; arrange over beef mixture.
- Sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered at 350 for 20 mins or until biscuits are golden and cheese is melted.
- Yield: 6 servings.