Banana Spice Cookies
Source of Recipe
Nice alternative to Banana Bread when you have ripe bananas to use up. My family prefer these to bread - these don't last long in our house : )
List of Ingredients
1/2 cup shortening
1 cup brown sugar, packed
1 cup banana, mashed ripe (3 med)
2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup raisins
1. In a large bowl, cream shortening and brown sugar.
2. Add eggs and bananas; mix up well.
3. In another bowl combine dry ingredients; then add to creamed mixture and mix well.
4. Stir in raisins.
5. Chill (dough will be very soft).
6. Drop by round teaspoonfuls onto greased baking sheets.
7. Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned