Chocolate Cookie Turtles
Source of Recipe
Bring fun into baking! Great to make with kids.
1 package (18 ounces) Nestlé® Toll House® Refrigerated Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough or dough from one batch Original Nestlé® Toll House® Chocolate Chip Cookies (Nestlé® Toll House® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels 6-ounce package recipe)
1 2/3 cups (100) shelled pecans
20 caramels, unwrapped
2 tablespoons milk
1. Preheat oven to 375° F.
2. Soak pecans in water for 5 minutes. Arrange 5 pecans on ungreased baking sheets(1 for head, 4 for legs), leaving about a 1-inch circle in center.
3. Shape slightly rounded tablespoons of cookie dough into balls; place over circle onto pecans.
4. Repeat with remaining pecans and dough, placing turtles two inches apart on baking sheets.
5. Bake for 11 to 13 minutes or until edges are crisp. Cool on baking sheets on wire racks for 1 minute; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
6. Microwave caramels and milk in medium microwave-safe bowl on high (100%) power for 1 1/2 minutes; stir. Microwave at additional 10- to 20-second intervals, stirring until smooth. Drizzle over turtles.