Peanut Butter Chews
Source of Recipe
List of Ingredients
- 1c. corn syrup
- 1c. white sugar
- 1c. creamy peanut butter
- 4 1/2c. cornflakes cereal
- 1c. semisweet chocolate chips
- 1c. butterscotch chips
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, combine corn syrup and white sugar.
- Bring to a boil, boil for 1 minute and remove from heat.
- Stir in peanut butter until well blended. Mix in cereal until evenly coated.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto wax paper. In a glass bowl in the microwave, or using a double broiler. melt chocolate chips and butterscotch chips, stirring frequently until smooth.
- Drizzle on the top of the cookies if desired.
- Yield: 3 dozen.