"Outrageous" Chocolate-Oatmeal Chipper
Source of Recipe
List of Ingredients
1 1/2 cups rolled oats
1 stick unsalted butter -- at room temperature
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup light brown sugar -- firmly packed
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 ounces semisweet chocolate chips -- * see note
3 ounces chocolate -- chopped
3 ounces white chocolate -- chopped
1/2 cup blanched almonds -- chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 375F.
2. Place 1 1/4 cups of the oats in the container of a food processor,
process until fine, 1 minute.
3. Beat the butter with both sugars in the large bowl of an electric
until smooth. Beat in the egg and vanilla.
4. Combine the processed oats with the flour, baking powder, baking
salt. Slowly add to the butter mixture. Then stir in the remaining
oats, the chocolates, and the almonds.
5. Drop the dough by spoonfuls onto the ungreased baking sheets,
and bake until
golden brown, about 10 minutes. Cool slightly on the sheets before
Makes about. 40 cookies
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
NOTES : * 2 ounces is about 1/3 cup
3 ounces is about 1/2 cup
1 stick butter = 8 tablespoons