Source of Recipe
List of Ingredients
2 boxes (about 18 ounces each) cake mix, any flavor
3 cans (16 ounces each) ready-to-spread vanilla frosting
Green paste food color
Teeth: 12 mini-marshmallows
Eyes: 2 large marshmallows and 2 round black "liquorice" Allsorts candies
Nose: 2 black jelly beans
Toenails: 20 candy corn
1. Heat oven to 350 F. Grease a 13x9-inch baking pan and a Huggable Teddy Bear Pan (see
diagram A and Note). Have ready a serving surface at least 27x13 inches.
2. Prepare cake mix. Divide batter between prepared cake pans and bake following
package directions. Cool in pans on wire racks 15 minutes. Invert cakes on racks and
3. Cut 13x9-inch cake as shown (diagram B). Arrange pieces (diagram C).
4. Frosting: Reserve 1/4 cup frosting for inside of mouth. Tint remaining frosting green
(color will deepen slightly as it stands).
5. Use dabs of green frosting to "glue" mouth and feet onto body. Glue tail sections
together, and glue to body.
6. Using a long knife, cut out a narrow wedge of cake from front of head for the mouth.
Carefully holding mouth open, spread inside bottom with most of the plain frosting,
then insert mini-marshmallow teeth, spacing them evenly. Spread cake with remaining
green frosting, building frosting up slightly over back. Score back with a knife.
7. Glue Allsorts to marshmallow eyes with remaining plain frosting. Glue eyes to head.
Attach 2 jelly beans for nose, and gently press candy-corn toenails into feet.
* Serves 24.