Caramel-Pecan Brownie Cake**
Source of Recipe
It's pure brownie bliss with caramels, pecans and chocolate chips! Here's one dessert that easily serves 16.
Recipe Link: http://bettycrocker.com
21 oz caramels (about 75 caramels from two 14-oz bags)
3/4 cup evaporated milk
1 box (18.3 oz) Betty CrockerŽ fudge brownie mix
2/3 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup water
1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup finely chopped pecans
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Wrap outside of 9-inch springform pan with heavy-duty foil; spray inside of pan with cooking spray. In 2-quart saucepan, heat caramels and milk over low heat about 15 minutes, stirring frequently, until caramels are melted and smooth. Remove from heat.
2. In large bowl, stir brownie mix, 2/3 cup oil, the water and eggs until well blended. Stir in 1 cup of the chocolate chips and 1/2 cup of the pecans. Pour into pan. Gently and evenly drizzle 3/4 cup of the caramel sauce over batter; gently swirl caramel sauce through batter with knife. (Cover and refrigerate remaining caramel sauce to serve with cake.)
3. Bake 1 hour to 1 hour 10 minutes or until top springs back when touched lightly in center.
4. In 1-quart saucepan, melt remaining 1/2 cup chocolate chips and 1 teaspoon oil over low heat, stirring constantly, until smooth. Drizzle over warm cake. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup pecans. Cool 30 minutes. Run knife around side of pan to loosen cake. Refrigerate about 2 hours 15 minutes or until chocolate is set.
5. Remove side of pan. Microwave remaining caramel sauce on High 1 to 2 minutes or until warm. Cut cake into wedges; place on dessert plates. Drizzle each serving with about 1 tablespoon caramel sauce.
High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): Stir 3 tablespoons Gold MedalŽ all-purpose flour into dry brownie mix. Bake 1 hour 10 minutes to 1 hour 20 minutes.