Mountain Wedding Cake
Source of Recipe
List of Ingredients
- 1/3c. shortening
- 3/4c. firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2c. molasses
- 2 eggs
- 2 2/3c. all purpose flour
- 1t. baking powder
- 1t. baking soda
- 1/2t. ground cinnamon
- Combine shortening, sugar, molasses and eggs; cream until light and fluffy.
- Combine dry ingredients; add to creamed mixture, blending well.
- Cover and chill at least an hour. Divide the dough into 5 parts and pat into 5 well greased and floured 9 inch cake pans.
- Bake at 400 for 8-10 minutes. Remove from pans and let cool. Spread each layer with applesauce and stack.