Simple Apple Cake with Vanilla Glaze
Source of Recipe
A delicious dessert, easy to make and perfect with hot coffee!
3 egg whites
4 cups cored, peeled, and thinly sliced tart apples
1 1/2 cups vanilla yogurt
3 tablespoons brown sugar
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 cup unsweetened applesauce
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
1 teaspoon baking soda
3 divided teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Beat the egg whites in a large bowl until frothy. Stir in the applesauce and sugar until well blended.
3. In a small bowl whisk together the dry ingredients. Add 2 teaspoons vanilla and dry ingredients to the egg white mixture.
4. Layer the apples in the bottom of a greased 9 inch springform pan. Spread the applesauce batter over the top.
5. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick comes clean in the center.
6. Cool and remove from the springform pan. Place on a cake plate.
7. Mix together the ingredients for the glaze - yogurt, brown sugar, and 1 teaspoon vanilla and drizzle over the cake.