Hoss's Big Texas Chili
Source of Recipe
Not that Dan really measured the ingredients!
List of Ingredients
- 2T. vegetable oil
- 3 lb. boneless chuck, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 4 to 6T. chili powder
- 2t. ground cinnamon
- 3T. all-purpose flour
- 1T. oregano
- 2(101/2 oz) cans beef or chicken broth
- 1t. salt
- 1t. pepper
- 1(15 oz) can pinto beans
- shredded longhorn cheese
- jalapeno peppers
- sour cream
- lime wedges
- Heat oil in a 4 qt. pan over medium heat. Add the beef and stir until meat changes color, but do not brown.
- Lower heat and stir in garlic. Combine chili powder, cinnamon, flour, and oregano, and stir into meat.
- Add broth, salt, and pepper. Stir and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer and cook, partially covered for 1 1/2 hrs.
- Stir occasionally. Add beans and cook for 30 mins. more. May be prepared in advance and refrigerated.
- Re-heat before serving. Serve with "serve yourself" side dishes or shredded cheese, jalapenos, sour cream and lime wedges.
- Makes: 10-12 servings.