Banana Cookie Bars
Source of Recipe
1 medium banana
Bisquick baking mix
Chopped salted peanuts
Microwavable 8-inch square dish
Dry measuring cups
Table knife or metal
Wire cooling rack
1. Arrange 16 shortbread cookies (each about 1 1/2 inches square) to fit the
bottom of the square dish.
2. Measure out 1 cup of frosting from the vanilla ready-to-spread frosting.
3. Put 1/2 cup of the frosting in the medium bowl. Save the remaining 1/2 cup
to frost the top.
4. Break 1 medium banana into pieces and add to the frosting in the bowl,
mashing with a fork until smooth.
5. Stir in 3/4 cup bisquick baking mix and 1 egg until well blended.
6. Pour the batter over the cookies, spreading evenly.
7. Cover with waxed paper, curled side down. Microwave on high (100%)
2 minutes. Turn the dish 1/2 turn. Microwave 2 to 3 minutes longer or until
a toothpick poked in the center comes out clean. Carefully lift the edge
of waxed paper farthest away from you, to let the steam out, then remove
the waxed paper.
8. Using potholders, remove the dish from the microwave. Cool the bars
completely on the cooling rack.
9. Frost with the frosting you saved. sprinkle with 1/4 cup chopped, salted
10. Cut into 16 squares.