Source of Recipe
Process American cheese
Margarine or butter
Liquid measuring cup
1. Ask an adult to cook 1 package (7 ounces) elbow macaroni
on top of the stove in the saucepan, following the package
2. Put the colander in the sink. Ask an adult to carefully pour
the macaroni with the water into the colander. Let the
macaroni stand a few minutes to drain well. Shake the
colander several times to drain the water more quickly.
3. Cut 8 ounces process American chees (about 1 1/2 cups)
into 1/2 inch cubes and put into the casserole.
4. Add 2 tablespoons margarine or butter and 2/3 cup milk to
5. Cover with the lid and microwave on high (100%) 3 minutes.
Stir. Re-cover and microwave about 2 minutes or until the
sauce is smooth when stirred. Using potholders, carefully
remove the casserole from the microwave. Carefully
remove the lid, lifting it from the side away from you to
let the steam out.
6. Carefully stir the cooked macaroni, a little at a time, into
the cheese sauce until all the macaroni is added and it's
7. Cover with the lid and microwave on high (100%) 3 to 4
minutes or until hot. Using potholders, carefully remove
the casserole from the microwave. Remember to be
careful when you remove the lid.