Source of Recipe
Chunky spaghetti sauce
Grated Parmesan cheese
Microwavable 1 1/2 quart
Container for fat
1. Ask an adult to help you cook 1 package (7 ounces) uncooked
spaghetti on top of the stove in the saucepan, following the
2. While the spaghetti is cooking, with your fingers, crumble 1/2
pound hanburger meat into small pieces into the casserole.
3. Cover with waxed paper, curled side down, and microwave on
high (100%) 2 minutes. Stir to break up the meat.
4. Re-cover and microwave on high (100%) 2 to 3 minutes
longer or until the meat is no longer pink. Carefully remove
the waxed paper. To avoid steam, lift the corner farthest away
5. Put the colander over the container to hold any fat from the
meat. Ask an adult to pour the meat carefully into the colander.
Hot steam will rise so be careful.
6. Put the meat back into the casserole. Stir in 1 jar (16 ounces)
chunky spaghetti sauce.
7. Cover with waxed paper, curled side down, and microwave on
high (100%) 3 to 4 minutes or until hot. Using potholders,
carefully remove the casserole from the microwave and lift
the edge of waxed paper farthest away from you to let the
steam out, then remove the waxed paper.
8. Put the colander in the sink. Ask an adult to pour the spaghetti
with the water carefully into the colander. Again, hot steam
will rise out of the sink, so be careful. Let the spaghetti stand
a few minutes to drain well. Shake the colander several times
to drain the water more quickly.
9. Serve the sauce over the cooked spaghetti and sprinkle with
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese.