Source of Recipe
French or Italian bread
Margarine or butter
Garlic powder or
Sharp serrated knife
Microwavable 9-inch pie
Dry measuring cups
towels or napkins
1. Cut 1/2 loaf (1-pound size) French or Italian bread into
2. Put 1/2 cup margarine or butter, 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon garlic
powder or chopped garlic into the pie plate.
3. Cover with waxed paper, curled side down, and microwave
on high (100%) 45 to 60 seconds or until the margarine is
melted. Stir with a fork to mix in garlic evenly.
4. Dip 1 cut side of each bread slice into the margarine and
put the loaf back together.
5. Put a paper towel or napkin on the dinner plate. Put half
the bread on 1 side of the plate and put the other half of
the bread next to it.
6. Cover with a paper towel and microwave on medium (50%)
30 to 45 seconds longer or until the bread is warm.
Cheese-Garlic Bread: After putting the bread together on the
plate, put 1 thin slice of cheese between each of the bread
slices. Add 30 seconds to each cooking time, microwaving
until the cheese is slightly melted.
Hint: If you like, sprinkle the bread slices with chopped
chives after dipping in the margarine.
About 10 slices