Source of Recipe
(white, wheat or cinnamon)
Jelly or jam
(your favorite flavor)
Fork or eggbeater
Large cookie cutter
1. Beat 1 egg and 1 tablespoon in the bowl with the fork or eggbeater
until well blended.
2. Cut 1 slice day-old bread (white, wheat or cinnamon) with a large
into any interesting shape.
3. Dip the bread into the egg mixture, turning until evenly coated
(most of the egg mixture should soak into the bread).
4. Put the egg-coated bread on the plate.
5. Stir 1 tablespoon jelly or jam, (your favorite flavor) with a spoon
to soften, then drop onto the bread in a stream to make a fun design.
6. Microwave uncovered on high(100%) 1 to 1 1/2 minutes or until the
egg looks firm.
7. Let stand uncovered 1 minute.
Hints: Be careful taking your first bite-jelly and jam can get really hot!
Jam that comes in a squeeze bottle is easy to use in this recipe.
Syrup or honey can be used in place of the jam.