Source of Recipe
Grated Parmesan cheese
Canned whole potatoes
Smoked sausages or
mini hot dogs
ripe olives or
canned pineapple chunks
12 round toothpicks
1. Spoon 1/3 cup grape jelly into liquid measuring cup until it reaches the
1/3 cup line, leveling out with the rubber scrapper.
2. Add 1/3 cup ketchup into the measuring cup until the mixture reaches
the 2/3 cup line.
3. Cover with waxed paper, curled side down, and microwave on high
(100%) 1 minute. Stir. Re-cover and microwave 1 to 1 1/2 minutes
longer or until the jelly is almost melted. Stir. Save this sauce.
4. Put 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese and 1/ 4 teaspoon paprika
in the small bowl.
5. Put the strainer in the sink and put 1 can (16 ounces) small, whole
potatoes in strainer to drain.
6. Choose the 6 largest potatoes and cut them in half.
7. Roll potato halves in the chees mixture and pput with flat sides down
in a circle on the dinner plate.
8. On each of the 12 round toothpicks, thread 1 cube (1/2 inch) longhorn
cheese, 1 tiny smoked sausage or hot dog and 1 small pimento-stuffed
or ripe olive or canned pineapple chunk.
9. Poke the cheese end of the toothpick into each potato so the toothpick
stands straight up. Microwave uncovered on high (100%) 1 minute.
Turn the plate 1/2 turn. Microwave 30 to 45 seconds longer or until
cheese starts to melt and sausages are hot. Let stand uncovered
10. Serve with the sauce.
Hints: Longhorn cheese melts more slowly than other cheeses so it keeps
its shape better.